There are openings on the PTO Board!
Would you like to really get involved with your PTO? Why not serve on the Board? Board members serve a one or two year term, and are crucial to the operations of the PTO. It's a great way to meet people, be a part of positive change at our school, and have fun!
Currently, the following positions on the board will be open for the 2019-2020 school year.
President (or Co-Presidents)
- Presides at all meetings of the PTO and of the Executive Board
- Is a member ex-officio of all committees
- Has control of all official documents belonging to the PTO
- Performs all duties pertaining to the office in order that the objectives of the PTO may be achieved
- Represents (themselves or via representative) the PTO at all district meetings and Principal’s meetings to which the President is invited to attend
Vice President of Events
- Plans and coordinates all PTO sponsored events
- Presents a yearly calendar of PTO sponsored events to the Executive Board in May
- Assists the President and carries out the President’s duties in his or her absence or inability to serve
The Vice President of Communications
- Develops and supervises any paper or online communications between the PTO, parents and school staff including, but not limited to:
- Event flyers
- School newsletter information
- The PTO website
- Fundraising materials
The custodian of all funds of the PTO
Makes all deposits to the appropriate financial institution
Writes checks for all approved PTO expenses.
Maintains an accurate record of receipts and expenditures
Prepares and submits a financial report each month at the PTO meeting.
Prepares and presents the budget to the PTO in the May meeting for approval
Maintains and reports at least twice during the year (November & April) an accurate statement illustrating both actual and budgeted amounts.
Works with all Committee Chairpersons to ensure all financial documentation and financial transactions are done in a timely manner. a
Prepares a final report ready for auditing by June 30 of each year.
- Researches and coordinates all fundraising activities
- Supports all Committee Chairpersons that deal with fundraising activities.